Saturday 16 July 2011

A Simple Banoffee Pie


 I promised my parents I'd make dinner on Thursday. When I left work it was already 7pm (though I am loving everything I do on my internship) and as I walked through the aisles of the supermarket thoughts of this-is-going-to-be-me-in-five-years flashed through my head. Scary times.


I made Spaghetti with aubergine, cherry tomatoes and pork. In record time, dinner was served at 8.30pm. Scorrrreee. I also did the laundry, and got started on a Banoffee Pie to take to a house party the next day.

Boy did I have fun with this. Treating it as a particular person's face as all the stress that has gone on in my life for so long. It felt good.







Three simple steps. Good times.




Banoffee Pie
Ingredients
Base
100g butter, melted
250g digestive biscuits

Filling
100g butter
100g dark brown soft sugar
approx 380g Condensed Milk
2 bananas

Topping:
2 bananas
300ml double cream, lightly whipped
grated chocolate

a cake tin

Preparation
1.   Base - crush the biscuits until they become crumbs, I bashed them up by putting them in a plastic bag and applying a hammer on them. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the base and 4cm up the sides of the tin using the back of a spoon. Chill the base while you make the filling.
2.   Filling - slice the two bananas and line the base. Place the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk and bring gently to the boil, stirring continuously. When the caramel has started to boil, remove from the heat and pour over the biscuit base. Cool, and then leave to chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
3.   Topping - Slice the bananas, fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the caramel base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and finish with the grated chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment